The world was shocked when 3 people died, Kirby Brown, James Shore and Liz Newman at a self-help event in Sedona, Arizona on Oct. 8, 2009. Many others were injured at this same event. This event impacted the Sedona community as well as the families and friends of these victims.
SEEK SAFELY, inc. was created as result of that tragedy and is sponsoring a discussion of ethical and safe practices to ensure consumer protection.
THE SEEK SAFELY SEDONA SUMMIT
TIME: FRIDAY. JUNE 6, 2014 | 4:00-9:00 pm | Break with a light dinner will be provided
– Have you participated in self-help retreats, motivational events, or empowerment activities?
– Have those experiences been helpful and productive bringing lasting change in your life?
– Has your experience of events or teachers been – Positive or Negative?
– Did you feel safe, protected, respected, motivated and supported?
Join us for a discussion of what is needed for ethical and safe journeys. We will be examining the:
- SEEK SAFELY PROMISE, its values and behaviors.
- EMPOWERMENT GUIDE as a tool to aid consumers.
- WHY leaders in the industry have not signed the PROMISE.
- HOW SEEK can be a national voice focused on consumer protection.
Participation is limited, please call or email to confirm your attendance.
Prior to attendance, review the Promise and Empowerment Guide on www.seeksafely.org
Ginny and George Brown, parents of Kirby Brown and Founders of SEEK SAFELY,inc.